Vintage Carved Wood Curved Container from the Borana People of Southern Ethiopia
Shipping costs are estimates only. We will contact you with final pricing before sending out your item.
The Borana People used these wooden containers to carry and store food items such as meat, milk, water, fat and grains. Many were carved using an adze.
• Hand Carved Acacia Wood Container with Removable Lid
• Wooden Containers Such as this Were Smoked to Make them Waterproof
• This Vessel has a Mild Smoky Aroma and a Slightly Burnished Finish
• Small Twin "Handles"
• Base is Flat
• Hand Stitched Details Near Lip
• Cracks in Wood at Base & Pinhole Near Lip are Naturally Formed Due to the Passage of Time
Vintage and antique objects have experienced a full life before making their way to our stores. A vintage item of exceptional quality should not be viewed as brand new, as it shows signs of a lifetime, or several, being used and appreciated by its original makers. Evidence of this well-lived life may be visible in slightly distressed surfaces, variations in color and other unique imperfections.
Material: Acacia Wood, Raffia, Leather
Height: Approx. 21"
Origin: Made in Southern Ethiopia