Vintage Terracotta Vessel with Handle from the Fulani of Niger
Shipping costs are estimates only. We will contact you with final pricing before sending out your item.
Intricately Patterned Terracotta Pot with Handle from the Fulani of Niger
• Fluted Neck with Long Handle
• Low Temperature Firing Preserves the Porosity of the Material
• This Allows any Liquid on the Surface to Evaporate and Keep the Contents Cool
• Most Vessels of this Kind Were Painted with Multicolor Geometric Patterns After the Pot was Fired
• Hand Painted
• Many were Periodically Re-Painted as the Color Wore Off, so Remnants of Color and Patterning are Visible
• Painted Using Natural Pigments Such as Iron Oxide, Ochre, and Soot
Vintage and antique objects have experienced a full life before making their way to our stores. A vintage item of exceptional quality should not be viewed as brand new, as it shows signs of a lifetime, or several, being used and appreciated by its original makers. Evidence of this well-lived life may be visible in slightly distressed surfaces, variations in color and other unique imperfections.
Height: Approx. 21"
Origin: Made in Mirriah, Niger