Wool/Goat Hair Turkish Soumak Saddlebag Pillow in Orange
Antique and VintageWool/Goat Hair Turkish Soumak Saddlebag Pillow in Orange
Originally a Taurus Mountain Horse Saddlebag which was once used as a dowry piece, this pillow is elaborately decorated with braided tufted tassels.
• Made Entirely with Vintage Fabric Circa Early 1900's
• Wool Souak Brocade on Goat Hair
• Intricate Handwoven Pattern
• Lightly Textured Fabric
• Tassels with Tufted Ends
• Hand Finished Edges with Uniquely Knotted Pattern
• Back Face is a Neutral Fabric with a Neutral Fabric
• Pillow Insert is Not Removable
Vintage and antique textiles have experienced a full life before making their way to our stores. A vintage item of exceptional quality should not be viewed as brand new, as it shows signs of a lifetime, or several, being used and appreciated by its original makers. Evidence of this well-lived life may be visible in slightly distressed fabric, loose threads, small tears, non-standard sizes and other unique imperfections.
Material: Likely 100% Wool, Exact Fabric Content is Unknown; Attached: 100% Goat Hair
Cushion: 70% Duck Feathers, 30% Down
Care: Dry Clean Only
Size: 21"x 21"
Origin: Made in Turkey